The Government of Uzbekistan has requested World Bank support (in the amount of US$20M credit and US$5M counterpart funds) for a Modernization of Real Property Registration and Cadastre Project (MRPRCP), which was approved on May 24, 2016 by the World Bank Board of Directors. The Financing Agreement is expected to be signed in September 2016 and the Project is expected to become effective in early 2017 at the latest. In addition, the World Bank’s Europe and Central Asia Region Capacity Development Trust Fund (ECAPDEV) approved a grant in the amount of US$400,000 which finances technical assistance for project preparation, including finalization of detailed project plans, initial capacity building, and knowledge transfer. The implementing agency is the State Committee for Land Resources, Geodesy, Cartography and State Cadastre (Goskomzemgeodescadastre) of the Republic of Uzbekistan
The Project’s Development Objective is to establish an efficient and accessible real property registration and cadastre system in the Republic of Uzbekistan as part of the national eGovernment structure and services. This objective will be achieved through: (i) improving business processes and customer orientation in the real property register and cadastre; (ii) creating a fully digital real property register and cadastre system (i.e. IISRPRC) accessible online to the public; (iii) improving the regulatory and operational environment of the real property register and cadastre; (iv) facilitating spatial data access, exchange and sharing at national level; and (v) raising awareness on the importance of real property rights.
2. Tasks of position
The Project Director will be responsible for the overall project management and performance and for ensuring efficient implementation of the Project and related activities according to the objectives and tasks and within the time and costs specified in the Loan Agreement, Project Appraisal Document and Project Operations Manual. The Project Director will respond to the Deputy Chairman of Goskomzemgeodezkadastr, and will prepare regular stakeholder coordination reports to the Inter-ministerial Coordination Council established by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 229 dated August 12, 2009.The Project Director will be responsible for organizing and managing the work of thePIU, Goskomzemgeodezkadastrstaff assigned to the Project, contractors and consultants ensuring achievement of the Project objectives and targetsby implementing the approved workplanswithin the budget in accordance with World Bankguidelines and applicable requirements.
• Direct project implementation and all PIU staff and consultants.
• Ensure effective project activities planning and implementationin accordance with the project documents, coordinating these with the Bank and relevant donors, state agencies, scientific institutions, NGOs and other stakeholders;
• Organize and manage project activities in accordance with the workplans to achieve planned interim results; monitor, evaluate and report project implementation progress against the Results Framework and Monitoring Indicators;
• Well-timed preparation and submission of ProjectReports (Quarterly, Annual, etc.) and any other required progress reports and securing preparation of reports by the Project consultants or participants as required;
• Regularly inform Programme Coordinators from World Bankand Deputy Chairman of Goskomzemgeodezkadastron the progress and the problems;
• Organize workshops and round tables to present the project outcomes to all stakeholders;
• Present the project in international, regional and national related events; networkingand collaboration opportunities development;
• Ensure timely required drafting TORs and work specifications;
• Regular reporting and communication with the World Bankon the project implementation status, including problems and ways to resolve these;
• Monitor project activities implementation as determined in the workplans, update the plans as required;
• Monitor targeted and effective use of the loan funds allocated for project implementation in line with Loan Agreement;
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of the financial reports;
• Manage and monitor the project risks;
• Ensure preparation of the Annual Work Plan for the following year, as well as Quarterly Plans if required;
• Make required arrangements for and participate in the Bank supervision missions;
• Manage the development of the annual plans for the Project working with Goskomzemgeodezkadastr enterprises and divisions, coordinating preparation and approval of the Project budget and procurement plan for the year, having it approved by the IMCC and WB;
• Ensure project annual audit is carried out within 4 months of the end of the financial year and report as appropriate;
• Interact with other PIU members in order to support overall Project activities;
• Coordinate all other projects related to and supporting the Project;
• Liaise and work with Goskomzemgeodezkadastr enterprises and divisions to help achieve project objectives;
• Ensure that Contract supervision and monitoring is undertaken by Goskomzemgeodezkadastr enterprises and divisions, where relevant;
• In association with the annual planning process and working with Goskomzemgeodezkadastr, undertake forward planning, taking into account project trends and progress, looking for any project change requirements;
• Distribution of duties among PIU staff and short-term project consultants, and – in association with the appropriate Goskomzemgeodezkadastr enterprises and divisions – draft and approve the ToR and technical specifications ensuring quality control is being conducted and timely performance of duties, obtaining approvals as necessary;
• Upon appointment the Project Director will help recruit other PIU staff and replacements as necessary.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
• Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Management and Leadership
• Builds strong relationships with stakeholders, focuses on impact and result and responds positively to feedback;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
• Effectively coordinates and supervises teams of international and national experts and shows conflict resolution skills;
• Schedules activities to ensure optimal use of time and resources;
• Monitors performance against development and other objectives and corrects deviations.
Knowledge Management and Learning
• Knowledge of the Cadastre and Registration of Real Estate;
• Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to the achievement of the project development objectives;
• Actively works towards continuous personal learning and development and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
• Has the capacity to identify problems, to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, evaluate it accurately and identify key issues required for resolving problems;
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and achieving results.
Education: Higher education degree in the subject field, business management or other related field obtained at a leading national or international higher educational institution
• At least 5 years of work experience as a project manager;
• Demonstrated ability to manage project cycles; including project formulation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting;
• Familiarity with donor-funded international development projects is an asset;
• Proven experience and leadership skills in managing multi-task teams;
• Good computer skills and strong skills in oral and written presentations.
LanguageRequirements: Russian, English and Uzbek
Duration of task performance
The duration of the assignment –is one year.Subject to satisfactory annual performance review, the assignment/contract asthe Project Directorwill be renewed for the following year.
Deadline date for submission of CVs is 28 February 2017.
tel: +998 97 276 43 17