The main objectives of Goskomzemgeodezcadastre are:
- ensuring the implementation of unified state policy on rational use of land resources, regulation of land relations, organization of land management and land monitoring, preservation, enhancement and restoration of fertility of soils;
- development and implementation of state programmes to improve soil fertility, rational use and protection of lands;
- implementation of state control over the rational use and protection of lands;
- managing geodetic and cartographic activities;
- organization of the state geodetic supervision;
- coordination of activities of state administration authorities and public authorities on places in the sphere of conducting state cadastre;
- maintenance of the state land cadastre, state cartographic-geodesic cadastre, state cadastre of buildings and constructions, as well as a Unified system of state cadastres.